Step by step
Recipe for Golden Coconut Curry Noodle Soup
For 4 servings
- 1 Brooklyn Delhi Golden Coconut Curry Simmer Sauce
- 1 tbsp mild-flavored oil
- 14 oz firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 2-3 c stock
- 1 lb chopped veggies of choice, we use:
- 1 c carrots, chopped
- 1 c broccoli, chopped
- 1 c zucchini, chopped
- 1 c kale, chopped
- 6 oz noodles of choice (choose from soba, egg noodle, or ramen)
- Oil, for tossing the noodles
- Salt, to taste
- Coconut chips
- Brooklyn Delhi Tomato Achaar, for heat
Step by step
In a large non-stick pan, add 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until it shimmers.
Add the tofu in a single layer and cook until golden on the bottom, 4-5 minutes. Flip each piece and cook on a second side until golden.
Add Golden Coconut Curry simmer sauce, coconut milk, and stock.
Add your veggies with salt. Increase the heat to bring the curry to a simmer, then lower the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Adjust consistency with more stock if necessary and add salt to taste.
While curry is simmering, cook the noodles according to package instructions, drain, rinse with cool water to prevent sticking, and toss with a bit of oil.
To serve, place a nest of noodles in a bowl and top with the coconut curry soup, a good squeeze of lime, and a sprinkling of coconut chips. Serve with Tomato Achaar for heat. Enjoy!